11.15.2010

My Title Here --->

I think I may have taken up a new hobby! Sewing! I have spent the past few days just sewing away! So far, I have made four pet beds, two outfits for my Build-a-Bear Cinny, an apron for my Grandma Diane, and a whole lot of experiments! It's so relaxing to cut, then pin, then sew it all together. Except when my cat Angel gets in the way, and makes everything a pain in the butt. Also, everything I have made has been recycled! I just use old clothes that don't fit anymore, and transform them into a pet bed, or an apron! I made Kelli's bed out of a tank top that my cousin Tiani gave me. It is a white shirt with black along the bottom, and yellow flowers on it. I made Angel's bed out of a button up tee shirt that I got at Target. It is a blue plaid shirt, with cute ruffles and such. I made Dill's bed out of a shirt that my aunt gave me. It is green with an argyle texture, and a stripe texture as well. And I made Jasmine's bed out of a dress that I got at Old Navy. It is blue and pink stripes! They are way cute. I made one of Cinny's outfits out of an old dress that I had. It had that scrunchy, stretchy fabric that is kind of like an elastic waistband, but it is pretty. I cut part of that off, and sewed it to the very bottom of the dress. The scrunchy fabric was white with blue polka spots, and the bottom had blue flowers and spots on it. I love that dress! It is so pretty. I also made a bow out of that fabric. Her other outfit is a nightgown. I took an old long sleeve pajama shirt that I had, and basically just brought in all the sides ALOT, and that was that! It is made out of really soft fleece. I love snuggling her in that. My Grandma Diane's apron is made out of some old brown Capri's that I had. They have the smallest brown and pink plaid I think I have ever seen! I basically just cut along the inseam of the pants, and hemmed all the spots that I cut. Then I took a Blue shirt that I had, and put it in the V spot where the inseam was, then I attached some light pink lace that I had for my Halloween costume last year to the bottom of the blue part of the apron. THEN I took a cute pink belt, and put it in the belt loops of the pants/apron. It is so cute! I plan to give it to her soon. Well, there is a big mess in the craft room that needs cleaning, so I'll be off! I should be able to post soon. 'Till then, Bye!

2 comments:

Kim Bringhurst said...

Didn't you say something about the craft room? And cleaning?...

Kaylee said...

no comment... :D