11.16.2010

Blustery Days


Today had been a great day for me. As far as the weather goes. I don't know why, but I just love blustery days. It could be because of Winnie the Pooh... Or maybe I just like to see things flying around in an uncontrollable fit. Whenever there is a blustery day like today, I say to my mom, "I love blustery days" she always says that she has never been a fan. I only like blustery days in the fall though. With all the leaves flying everywhere, and the bare trees swaying with the wind, the fresh nip of air that it brings, or maybe it's the secure feeling that I get when I look out the window. I love the smell, the sound, the feel, I guess I just love everything about blustery days. They make me want to run, be free. I love the way that the clouds caress the mountains, and the way the wind blows through the bare trees. It's really an amazing thing to me. I don't know what makes them so special to me, or why I like them so much. They are just cool. I think it may be because it reminds me of Disneyland. There is a Winnie the Pooh ride there, and there is a "blustery" room. It is so cute. Today has been okay for me. I went to my last class of Shakespeare, before we leave for Arizona. It was a bitter sweet day. My friend Haven made me a bracelet. It is very cute. I am glad I am not actually moving for good to Arizona, and leaving all my friends and family behind here. I know eventually I would adjust, and make new friends, but you can't replace friends or family. I am very grateful we have the option to come home, and visit with people. Anyways, I woke up this morning feeling "off". I think you probably know what I'm talking about. Waking up with achy muscles, fuzzy head, heavy eyes. I thought this was just a bit unusual, but didn't think much of it during my rush out the door to Shakespeare. When I got home, I started getting a sore throat. I had my mom look at it, and she didn't see anything unusual. I believed her, relieved she didn't find anything. I looked at my throat in the mirror, and noticed a white puss pocket. Dread... I could only see it from a certain particular angle, so it's no wonder my mom couldn't see it. We looked up some pictures of strep throat, and sure enough, saw those white pockets. We immediately assumed strep, and I just laid down to rest. I noticed my sore throat wasn't getting worse. I don't think I have strep, but I don't know for sure. I am keeping my eye on it, and taking some Umcka just in case. Umcka works wonders! I will keep resting 'till I start feeling better. Luckily there's Spongebob to keep me company. ;) I best be resting now. Thanks for reading!

Kaylee

4 comments:

Kim Bringhurst said...

You DO have some of your dad in you! You both love crappy weather. Glad you are feeling a little better today. Love you.

Kaylee said...

Haha I think we knew THAT long before stormy weather! Thanks, love you too!

Polly B. said...

I know exactly how you feel about blustery days. But you are right. It has to be in the fall. Blustery days make me think of Halloween and Thanksgiving. Fun holidays.

Kaylee said...

Agreed. It's just plain annoying in the summer!